24 Jan. W/S & Carson 1
Featured Image: New Athos Cave, Georgia
Activity I. Quiz
- Blog Post 1: Make sure your Infographic Draft is posted to the course site.
You may log-in as a user OR create a post through the new Submissions portal.
Activity II. Infographic Workshop
- 1. What term did your peer choose and how does s/he define it?
- 2. How does your peer balance texts and images?
- 3. What suggestions can you make to your peer to help them develop this draft into the final draft?
For instance, does your peer plan to include a panel that shows ways the term may apply more broadly? Or, perhaps you may suggest ways the term challenges less successful ways of thinking about the ocean and/or environment.
Activity III. Discussion
- 1.Who do you think Carson wrote this book for? What genre is this book? What are Carson’s goals as you understand them?
- 2.What are some examples of invisible life that Carson catalogues in her opening chapter?
- 3.Why/how does Carson intersperse her own experience, i.e. personal narrative writing, into the description of the forms of life where the shoreline meets the sea?
- 4..What connects she make in this first chapter between terrestrial life and oceanic life? Why do you think its important for her to make these connections?